- Avivo – 2441 North Maize Road, Ste 101
- Red Beans – 7447 W. 21st Street
- Doc’s Steak House – 1515 N Broadway
- Savutes – 3303 N Broadway
- Sit @ Thai Bistro – 7603 West 21st Street
- Margarita’s Cantina – 3109 East Douglas (I’ve been a bunch of times but want an excuse to go back)
- Stick & Rudder Club – 3303 N Broadway
- Hong Kong – 3028 S Seneca
- Hana Cafe – 325 N Mead (this is my shameless way of finding someone to eat with so I can have Bi Bim Bab)
- The Donut Whole – 1720 E Douglas
- Gindi Thai & Japanese – 7010 W 21st
- Wasabi – 3242 N. Rock Rd (once it opens)
- Hot Stone Korean Grill – 3743 N Rock Rd
- Thai Smile – 1523 S Seneca
January – March 2011 (I know I’m behind on past lists. They’re still on the “to do” list)
- The Biggest Cheese (1021 West Maple Street) – I mean, how could I NOT want to go here?
- Old Mill Tasty Shop (604 East Douglas Avenue) – I think they’re only open for lunch (unless there’s a big event downtown).
- Dolci and Joes (3425 East Douglas Avenue)
- River City Brewery (150 North Mosley) – For their mac and cheese, if they still serve it.
- Sport Burger (134 N Hillside St) – I heard these burgers are better than Southeast Carryout. Not sure I believe it, but I’ll give it a shot. Southeast currently reigns as my all-time favorite burger in Wichita.
- Bierocks, Brats n’ BBQ (1225 W. Douglas) – For bierocks, of course. I don’t think I’ve EVER ordered a bierock from a restaurant. They also have homemade chips. Bonus!
- Walt’s – (Central and 235) According to a recommendation of co-worker, I need to have one of their burgers. I THINK I’ve eaten there before, but can’t remember.
- My Tho (500 E Central) – I hear they have the best pho. I’ve had pho and loved it at Pho Hien Noodle Soup Co, Pho Hot and To Chau. So may as well add this place to the list (along with Pho Hien Noodle Soup Co, which is listed below and I still intend to get to).
- Mings (1625 South Seneca) – Kay mentioned this in my Egg Roll King post. I haven’t added new restaurants in awhile, so I figured why not!
September – December 2010 – Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
- Ty’s Diner (928 W 2nd St N, 67203) for burgers and fries
- Burger Stand (1757 N Mosley St, 67214) for burgers and fries (per Amber)
- Poblano (343 S Greenwich Rd Ste 101, 67207) – The best hot sauce I’ve ever had!
- The Artichoke (811 N Broadway, 67214) I’ve wanted to try their sandwiches for years!
- Jimmy’s Egg (7906 E. Harry, 67207) For biscuits and gravy, and sweet potato pancakes (for my friend Alisa!)
- Passage to India (6140 E 21st St N Ste 140, 67208) Indian food (per Amira)
- Pho Hien Noodle Soup Co (1705 N Broadway St, 67214) – I wonder if I can get Banh Mi here? Or if LK wanted me to try something else? I’ve wanted to try Banh Mi (Vietnamese sandwich) for awhile… (per LK) – Side note, I DID try Banh Mi at Pho Hot after writing this, so now I’ll be on the conquest for something else. Or, you know, pho.
- Usuluteco (1714 E Northern St, 67216) – Salvadoran food (per LK)
- TJ’s Burger House (1003 W Douglas Ave, 67213 or Harry and Webb, 67207) Burgers and fries – take three! (per LK)
- Fat Ernies (2806 S Hydraulic St, 67216) Fried chicken (per LK)
- Emperor’s Grill (2250 N Ridge Rd Ste 200, 67205) Hibachi Japanese food with NO SHOW!?!? Sign me up! (per LK)
- Wichita Fish Company (1601 W Douglas Ave, 67213) Seafood, duh (with Jeanette!)
- Byblos (3088 W 13th St N) – Lebanese food (with Karla and Mat – “Apparently Lebanese pickles are THE BEST???!?!” -Karla)
The remainder of the summer I’m going to focus on reviewing a bunch of southeast Wichita restaurants. I live on the SE side of town and am embarrassed to admit how few restaurants I’ve tried. I’m not even sure all of these still exist (Amigo’s, for example, I tried to go to and it looked like a Chinese restaurant, but online reviews say it’s turned to a Chinese restaurant, but still has Mexican – this makes me want to go more!). I’ve compiled the list based on Internet searches and making notes of names I see on buildings when I drive by. And I’m sure I’m still missing some great places.
As I review a place, the name of the restaurant will link to the review.
- Sakura – Japanese/Sushi (7820 East Harry Street, 67207)
- La Posada – Mexican (552 South Oliver Street, 67218)
- N&J Cafe and Bakery – Middle Eastern (5600 East Lincoln Street, 67218)
- To Chau – Vietnamese (4875 East Pawnee Street, 67218)
- Mexican Burrito – Mexican Fast Food (3005 East Pawnee Street, 67211)
- Riverside Cafe Too – Diner Food (924 S Woodlawn Blvd, 67218)
- Tsubasa – Japanese/Sushi (8113 E Kellogg Dr, 67207)
- Southeast Carryout – Burgers (1520 South Oliver Street, 67218)
- Ah-So Oriental – Korean (855 South Oliver Street, 67218)
- Ben Villar’s Mexican Restaurant – Mexican (1930 S. Oliver, 67218)
- Fried Rice – Chinese (2419 South Glendale Street, 67210)
- Po Boy Pizza – Pizza (5619 E Lincoln St, 67218)
- Manna Wok – Korean (4865 East Harry Street, 67218)
- Sal’s Japanese Steakhouse – Japanese Steakhouse (6829 E Kellogg Dr, 67207)
Stragglers for July and August 2010
- Bossa Grill – Brazilian (3242 N. Rock Road, 67226) – It’s brand new, it’s Brazilian (which I’ve never had) and it’s near work. So I’m going ASAP! (Opens July 12th)
- DeFazio’s – Italian (2706 North Amidon Avenue, 67204) – This won’t be a new restaurant for me. In fact, it’s one of my all-time favorites. But I want to include pictures to entice you, so I’m going again. Plus, I haven’t been in a LONG TIME. But, I’m telling you now, go. Order the Italian salad. Crunch up the wheat crackers on top. Delicious. And order anything with sausage. More to come when I give an official review!
Long-Term Review Plans:
Rockin’ The Suburbs – The “Outside of ICT” List